Saturday 1 February 2014

Life is like a test, one I'm failing at.

Keeping yourself positive and happy while living with mental health problems can be a massive challenge. I feel like I'm constantly being tested and right now I'm failing unless I change.

A+ = Doing things right, feeling happy a lot more, having good relationships that are strong, taking every step possible to beat it.
C = Doing most things right, having good and bad days, feeling you can beat it but not taking full action.
E = Failing. Struggling. Giving up. Losing battle.

I want to be an A+ in life, but right now I'm somewhere between E and C. People always say that 'accepting you have a problem is the hardest and biggest step' but to me, or at least for me, it's the next couple steps. Asking for help and maintaining this help. Your always bound to have down days, every human does it's natural. But it's finding a balance. Finding something that works for you.

I often worry that I'll never find this balance, that the negative thoughts in my head will continue to win. Thankfully, and I'm not sure how he will feel about being mentioned, but I have a very strong support network. Especially from my supportive boyfriend who deserves a medal for putting up with me. Know I'm proud of you.

'No great mind ever existed without a touch of madness' Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment